This healthy alternative to salty, fat-laden chip recipes won't let your taste buds tell the difference.
What is it about beets that gives them such a bad rap? They are vibrant in color, rich in vitamins and nutrients, and oh so versatile. The rosemary and garlic in this Beet Chips with Tzatziki Dipping Sauce recipe tone down the earthy taste that is sometimes off-putting with beets, leaving you with a satisfyingly crunchy chip that is perfect dipped in Tzatziki sauce.
You can feel good that you’re trying a healthier option than plain old potato chips, and giving the sadly overlooked beet a chance. If you have more Tzatziki sauce than you end up needing, save it for a tasty veggie dip.
Beet Chips with Tzatziki Dipping Sauce
- 4 beets red and golden, medium
- 2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary fresh, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cucumber shredded
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves smashed and minced
- 1 tablespoon dill dry
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Peel beets and slice 1/8-inch thick. In a small bowl, combine salt, rosemary and garlic powder.
- Gently toss beets with the olive oil and salt mixture. Line cooking sheet with parchment paper and lightly mist with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange beets on the sheet so they are not overlapping or touching.
- Bake 15 minutes, turn over and continue baking until golden, approximately 10-15 minutes (being careful not to burn). Allow to cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container.
- Squeeze as much water from the shredded cucumber as possible. Combine cucumber, Greek yogurt, garlic, dill, olive oil, and salt in bowl. Stir until combined and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms