A seafood favorite made clean and healthy!
Grilled Calamari was submitted by Fit Chef Chicago. The philosophy that drives recipes and services at Fit Chef Chicago is: Good. Clean. Food. This simply means using the best and freshest ingredients combined with straight forward and simple cooking techniques to create meals that are not only delicious but also unpretentious and uncomplicated.
- 1 1/2 pounds cleaned squid tentacles and bodies
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning or try Skinny Ms. Seafood Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley fresh, chopped
- Cut the squid bodies along the sides so they lay flat.
- In a bowl combine the olive oil, juice of one of the lemons and the rest of the ingredients, except the parsley.
- Add the squid, toss to coat and refrigerate for 2 hours, tossing every 30 minutes or so, to make sure the marinade gets evenly distributed.
- Preheat the grill to high. Place a piece of foil on the grill and brush it with a light coating of vegetable oil to keep the squid from slipping through the grill grates and sticking to the foil.
- Grill the squid, about 3 – 4 minutes per side, until it turns opaque. Remove from the grill, garnish with the fresh parsley and the remaining lemon, cut into wedges.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Founded in 2009 by Dave Thommes, Fit Chef Chicago provides unique culinary services to a wide range of audiences. Fit Chef Chicago offers multiple food preparation services, along with food & nutritional consulting, including recipe development & food articles. More information on services and blog can be found at Fit Chef Chicago.