Fresh vegetables and lean white meat combine to make these skewers a treat for those of us in need of a healthy dinner recipe! Cooked on the grill, only salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar are needed to enhance their flavor. You may be surprised at the way in which very simply prepared dishes can outshine other, more complex, dishes. Feel free to replace the vegetables with any fresh veggies you have on hand.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 2 skewers each | Calories: 113 | Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 36 mg | Sodium: 231 mg | Carbohydrates: 10 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 6 g | Protein: 14 g | SmartPoints: 3
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken breast fillets, sliced to 1-1/2 inch-wide strips
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 1 small bell pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 big red onion, sliced
- 16 fresh basil leaves or bay leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Rub the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and half of the pepper.
- Thread the chicken, vegetables and leaves alternately to the skewers.
- Grill until they are cooked through.
- Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar before serving.
Here are more delicious skewer recipes:
Have you heard of our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection e-cookbook? It’s a treasure of 101 most popular fan recipes that we took note of and compiled in one book. Check it out!
If you like what you see on SkinnyMs., subscribe to our newsletter, so that you don’t miss out on healthy living news and tips!