This summery crowd-pleaser keeps it simple and healthy
The quality and seasonality of ingredients are what makes this corn on the cob so yummy. The best way to grill corn is to keep it pure and simple. With just basil and olive oil, as well as a touch of sea salt, this grilled corn on the cob recipe is both flavorful and healthful.
Skinny Ms. has dozens of grilling recipes to make your summer barbecues something special. Try serving up some of our Grilled Corn on the Cob with Basil, Olive, and Sea Salt with our Barbecued Pulled Pork. Delicious! Serve as a side with any burgers or barbecue, or even as a nutritious snack.
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Basil & Olive Oil
- 6 to 8 corn cobs
- 28 basil leaves fresh
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil good quality
- sea salt to taste
- Make a large pot or bowl of cold water (large enough to hold 8 corncobs, fully covered). Add one tablespoon of table salt.
- Pull the husks of the corn down. Remove all of the silk inner threads. Wet the basil leaves by dipping them into the bowl of cold water. Place 3 or 4 damp leaves onto one corncob, and then pull the husks back up so that they are covering the cob. Submerge into the water. Repeat with all of the corn and allow them to soak for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the water and place the corn on the grill, with the husks still covering the cobs (and the basil inside). Cook corn over medium heat with the grill covered, cooking on each side for 5 minutes, for a total of 15 to 20 minutes.
- The corn is done when a kernel can easily be pierced with the tine of a fork.
- Allow to cool on a platter until they can be handled. Peel the husks from the corn and remove the basil leaves.
- Drizzle with good quality extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with crunchy sea salt flakes.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. BBQ recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.