When you want to whip up something wholesome and delicious, look no further than this Grilled Pork Chops with Asparagus and Pesto recipe! It’s the perfect example of a dish whose appearance is deceiving. Surprisingly enough, the protein-packed meal is actually super easy to create.
Juicy, flavorful pork chops are coated in olive oil and grilled to perfection. Colorful cherry tomatoes threaded onto skewers team up with tender asparagus. These tasty veggies join in on the grilling fun. The bright tomatoes contrast beautifully with the emerald asparagus, contributing to the dish’s eye-catching presentation.
These clean, feel-good ingredients are topped with uber-nutritious pesto (we recommend this mouthwatering Basil Spinach Pesto recipe!). It’s the perfect finishing touch to a summertime meal.
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 332 | Total Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 647mg | Carbohydrates: 4g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 25g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 10
- 4 (about 1-inch thick each) bone-in pork chops
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody bottoms removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup clean eating pesto, store bought or homemade
- 4 medium bamboo skewers, soaked for 20 minutes in warm water, or metal skewers
- 1/4 cup basil leaves for garnish, optional
- Rub pork chops with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper on both sides. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Oil the grate of a grill and set to medium heat. Add chops and grill for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Internal temperature taken with a meat thermometer should read 145 to 160 degrees.
- Toss the asparagus in 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add alongside the pork chops, after the chops have cooked for 15 minutes.
- Thread cherry tomatoes onto skewers and drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Grill asparagus and tomatoes for about 5 minutes, until asparagus is slightly tender and tomato skins have blackened a bit in places. After removing pork chops from grill, allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Cover veggies until ready to serve. Tomatoes may be served on skewers or removed from skewers.
- Serve asparagus and tomatoes alongside pork chops and drizzle with pesto.
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site. Leave a comment in the section below.