Low-Calorie (Crustless) Vegan Pumpkin Pie!! This healthy was contributed by Lindsay S. Nixon, creator of Happy Herbivore Blog. Nixon is a rising star in the culinary world, praised for her ability to use everyday ingredients to create healthy, low fat recipes that taste just as delicious as they are nutritious.
- 1/2 cup mori-nu tofu, extra firm
- 1 1/2 cups plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups canned pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (option, gluten-free flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or sucanaut
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9” shallow glass pie dish, set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, blend tofu, non-dairy milk, cornstarch and vanilla until smooth, stopping to scrape sides periodically.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend for about a minute more, until the mixture is uniform and well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pie dish and bake for 1 hour.
- Allow the pie to cool on the counter, away from the hot oven, until room temperature.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Per serving: 100 calories; .9g fat; 20.8g carbohydrates; 2.1g fiber; 9.8g sugar; 2.4g protein
Nixon is the author of two bestselling cookbooks, The Happy Herbivore Cookbook and Everyday Happy Herbivore. Her third book can be found here Happy Herbivore Abroad. To find more of Nixon’s recipes find here at her Happy Herbivore Blog and on Facebook.