This family-friendly meal is perfect for busy weeknights!
Having a busy night? Save time with this simple harvest tray bake! All you have to do is lay the ingredients on a tray, season it, and pop it in the oven. You’ll have a yummy and healthy dinner that’s ready in about 20 minutes! It’s also packed with nutritious, seasonal ingredients which is perfect for the season!
To eat seasonally, focus on buying produce that is locally and recently harvested. For example, you’d go for things like apples, pumpkin, and squash in the fall. It’s also usually cheaper to buy seasonally because produce that has been harvested locally doesn’t have to travel as far to get to you and they are in abundance at that time of year. So, with this dish you’re not only saving money, but you’re celebrating the season. Try to visit your local farmer’s market to get the freshest ingredients (especially for things like apples, squash, and parsnips) and to support your community’s farms.
Simple Tray Bake
Tray bakes are my go-to for days (or nights) when I’m busy, lazy, or trying to clean out the fridge. Any veggies and protein will work, which makes it just so easy to adjust for the season. This harvest tray bake has whole, simple, and seasonal ingredients that can be prepped and ready in less than 30 minutes. To make it even easier and less time consuming, buy pre-cut veggies.
Bake This Harvest Tray
Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil over the chicken breast and season with one tablespoon of Herbes De Provence, salt, and pepper. Spread your butternut squash, red onion, parsnips, brussels sprouts, and apples out evenly on a baking tray. Drizzle the veggies with one tablespoon of olive oil and the rest of the Herbs De Provence. Place the chicken on the pan and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, flip the chicken and veggies and bake for approximately 10 more minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Other Tray Bake Ideas
If tray bakes are your thing (like me!), check out some more tasty tray bake and sheet pan recipes that we offer! Keep in mind that they come in super handy when cooking for a crowd, prepping your meals ahead of time, or when you’re in need of an easy weeknight meal.
- Citrus Salmon Tray Bake
- Sheet-Pan Chicken Sausage and Sweet Potatoes
- Chicken and Summer Squash Bake
- Sheet-Pan Teriyaki Tofu Stir-Fry
Harvest Tray Bake
- 1 pound chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons Herbes de Provence divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 butternut squash peeled and diced, about 2 cups
- 1 red onion
- 2 parsnips peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts quartered
- 2 red apples cored and diced
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Add chicken breasts to a baking tray and drizzle with one tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle one tablespoon of Herbs De Provence over the chicken,
- Add the butternut squash, red onion, parsnip, brussels sprouts, and apple to the tray. Drizzle the veggies with one tablespoon of olive oil and the rest of the Herbs De Provence.
- Bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes. Flip the chicken and veggies and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, remove and let sit for 5 minutes, then serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Be sure to share your thoughts about this autumn dinner with us in the comment section, below!
Also, head on over to Facebook and Pinterest and give us a follow so you never miss out on a new, nutritious recipe! Subscribe to our eNewsletter to get the latest and greatest articles delivered directly to your inbox.