You and your dog will love this easy to make dog biscuit recipe. If you’ve ever read the ingredient labels on commercially made dog treats or biscuits, you’ve likely noticed a host of ingredients that are unrecognizable and by-products that aren’t so healthy. It’s also important to know where your pet’s food is manufactured. Since we consider our pets to be family members, it’s a must to know exactly what goes into the food they consume and where it’s produced. We think you’ll find our pet recipes to be made with healthy ingredients, yummy, and easy to make.
Our three ingredient motto for pet recipes: Healthy. Tasty. Simple.
NOTE: Check with your veterinarian before making any changes to your pet’s diet. Also, please be aware of any allergies your pet may have to specific ingredients and avoid ingredients which have caused reactions in your pets in the past. If you are unsure about a specific ingredient found in one of our recipes, introduce the food to your pets in small amounts first.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (without salt)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted (optional, unrefined extra-virgin)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Add oats to a blender or food processor and pulse until a flour like consistency, set aside. Combine in a medium bowl mashed banana, peanut butter, and coconut oil.
- Stir in flour and knead until moistened. Turn dough onto a surface lightly dusted with flour. Use your hands and shape dough into a 1/4-inch thick circle. Use small to medium doggie cutter, cut out treats and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet or non-stick cookie sheet. Bake until golden, approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Makes approximately 30 (1-inch) treats or 15 (2-inch) treats.
Follow us on Pinterest for more tips, stories, and tasty pet recipes.
We’d love to hear what you think of this post, or what you’d like to see on our site. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.