Step aside, chicken dishes! This slow cooker roasted pulled pork is about to take over. Many people gravitate towards chicken because it’s versatile, easy to prepare, and high in protein. What people don’t realize, though, is that pork is all of those things and more! The flavor and tender texture of pork makes it an excellent option for spicing up your healthy-eating plan. This recipe is only 168 calories per serving, and it offers a whopping 24 grams of protein. Next time you’re craving takeout, make this teriyaki pulled pork instead. There’s nothing to feel guilty about here!
Choosing A Pork Loin
Pork has a slightly higher fat content as compared to chicken. While this does add up to a few more calories, the little bit of extra fat works wonders for the flavor! In other words, the extra fat calories are totally worth it, and they will also keep you feeling fuller for longer. That said, when choosing your cut of meat for this recipe, be sure to select a lean pork loin. You’ll want to trim off any excess fat once you get home, too, because we still like to cut calories where we can.
An Asian-Inspired Recipe
We’ve placed a fun Asian spin on this pork recipe by combining it with homemade teriyaki sauce. The sauce is made from simple household ingredients, most of which can probably be found in your kitchen right now. These include rice wine vinegar, water, low-sodium soy sauce, honey, freshly minced ginger, minced garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes.
Super Easy Slow Cooker Roasted Pulled Pork
Place your lean pork loin into the Crock-Pot and add in all of the ingredients listed above. You can cook on high for four to five hours, or keep the slow cooker on low for eight hours. Once it’s finished cooking, pull the pork out and shred it with a fork. It should pretty much fall apart. Return the teriyaki pork to the slow cooker and add in some cilantro and green onions. You can keep the Crock-Pot set to warm until you’re ready to serve it so that it stays moist and hot!
This savory pulled pork is so much better than fat-laden, high-sodium takeout. It can be served any way you’d like. You can eat it in a sandwich, use it as protein for tacos, or serve it with a side of our Super Easy Cauliflower “Fried” Rice. The choice is yours!
Healthy Teriyaki Slow Cooker Roasted Pulled Pork
- 2 pounds Lean Pork Loin Fat trimmed
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- Combine all ingredients, except the cilantro and green onion, in the slow cooker. Cook for 4 to 5 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Remove the pork loin from the slow cooker. Using two forks, shred the pork. Return the now shredded pork to the slow cooker. Stir in the fresh cilantro and top with green onion. Serve hot.
If this recipe was a hit, we think you’ll also love these tender and delicious slow cooker pork dishes:
- Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter Pulled Pork
- 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
Remember to follow us on Pinterest to stay up to date on all of our latest and greatest recipes!