Most people think a carb-free diet is really difficult, because that limits your options drastically. However, that’s not the case. Now, more than ever, there are tons of options that can substitute items like rice, bread, spaghetti, and much more. You can use the items just like you would prepare any carb and have an equally delicious meal! This super easy cauliflower fried rice is a great example of that.
Instead of using rice, you can use cauliflower “rice” and eliminate all those carbohydrates from rice that give you a bloated feeling after eating a meal such as fried rice. It is made just like you would make Asian-style fried rice and tastes just as good. You won’t even know you are missing out on the rice! Simply, pan-fry mixed veggies along with the seasoning, including red pepper flakes, black pepper, and soy sauce. Clean up your diet with this simple and healthy recipe!
Yields: 6 cups | Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups | Calories: 80 | Total Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 469mg | Carbohydrates: 7g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 3g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups diced frozen mixed veggies (defrost before using)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Lite Soy Sauce, more or less to taste
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onions and mushrooms until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain off any liquid and add remaining ingredients. Stir-fry until veggies are tender, about 10 minutes.
- NOTE: Cauliflower rice can be purchased in freezer section of most grocery stores. If cauliflower rice is unavailable, add one head of cauliflower florets to a food processor and pulse until the consistency of rice. A grater can be used in place of a food processor, using the small holes.