The great thing about our Slow Cooker Apple Butter Pulled Pork recipe is that all of the cooking is done in the slow cooker. Though this recipe is slightly more labor intensive than some of our slow cooker recipes, we know that the resulting dish is well worth the extra effort. Basically, you will be making an apple butter, then braising pork chops in the apple butter for several hours. The result is juicy pork bursting with flavor from the apples and spices.
After shredding the pork, serve on a wheat bun or over rice. Alternatively, you can forego the shredding and serve the pork chops whole with the apple butter spooned over it.
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 352 | Total Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 426mg | Carbohydrates: 33g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 23g | Protein: 28g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 12
- 5 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 pork loin chops
- Place apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and coconut sugar into slow cooker. Cook on low for four hours, or high for two hours.
- Add cider vinegar, garlic, onion, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix in with the apples (the apples should be soft enough that you can crush them), then add pork chops. Cover the chops with the apple mixture. Cook for an additional four hours on low, or two hours on high. Remove pork, shred and return to the slow cooker. Cook on high for ten more minutes, then serve!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
What is your favorite ways to incorporate apples into meals? How did this apple butter pulled pork recipe turn out for you? Let us know in the comments section below. For more delicious and nutritious recipes, head on over to Pinterest and give us a follow!