Snack on healthy ingredients instead of heading to the vending machine.
The key to continued success for a healthy lifestyle is to be prepared! Whipping up a batch of our Healthy Trail Mix allows you to snack on healthy ingredients instead of heading to the vending machine. This classic combination of nuts, dried fruit, and chocolate will satisfy all your cravings at once! Plus, it will give you a much-needed energy boost. It will also keep you fuller longer than any package of chips or cookies ever would.
Whether you’re hiking or heading to work, make a big batch at the beginning of the week and pre-portion into snack bags to take with you for a quick snack on-the-go.
Healthy Trail Mix
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds raw
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds raw
- 1/2 cup almonds raw, whole
- 1/2 cup cashews raw, whole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup shaved coconut
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a small bowl, toss together pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almond, cashews, olive oil, pineapple juice, and salt. Combine well and spread onto a cookie sheet in an even layer. Bake for 1 hour stirring mixture every 15 minutes. Once seeds and nuts are dry and toasted, remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Once cool, combine nut and seed mixture with remaining ingredients and mix well. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What are your favorite healthy snacks to take on-the-go? Let us know in the comments!