The wonderful taste of heirloom tomatoes is undeniable. The same can be said about the health benefits of this superfood which is packed with disease fighting lycopene. This healthy salad recipe highlights the delicious taste of fresh, juicy heirloom tomatoes. It is accented with fresh herbs and is one of our favorite garden fresh summer recipes. If you are looking for a great warm weather recipe, try our tomato salad with fresh herbs.
Love the idea of fresh summer salads, but you get tired of the same old iceberg or romaine lettuce mix? We’ve got you covered. We have a huge selection of salads that ensure you get all the fresh veggies you need every day. Try our Mediterranean Three Bean and Corn Salad the next time you get a hankering for something fresh and light.
Yield: 5 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 105 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 90mg | Carbohydrates: 12g | Dietary Fiber: 3g | Sugars: 7g | Protein: 3g | SmartPoints: 4 |
- 2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, variety of shapes and colors
- 2 cups chopped arugula
- 1 small Vidalia or sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 coarsely chopped tablespoon each: fresh basil, mint, oregano, and thyme
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese crumbles
- Slice tomatoes, and place in a serving dish over arugula and onion. Sprinkle fresh herbs over tomatoes; salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle oil and vinegar over tomatoes; add feta crumbles.
- This recipe is featured in our new cookbook, Skinny Ms. Superfoods!
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.