Get the party started with this cheesy crowd-pleaser! This Homemade Cheeseball with Nuts and Crackers is tasty and healthy. Made with clean ingredients like scallions, pistachios, almonds, and blended with some zesty spices, this bite-sized snack has a bold kick. The recipe calls for reduced-fat versions of your favorite cheeses, which keeps the snack’s calorie count in check. Each ball packs a protein punch, and the fiery flavors from the spices will jumpstart your metabolism. This yummy cheese ball recipe is a snap to whip up and an awesome appetizer for any get-together!
Yields: 16 servings | Serving Size: 2 tablespoons | Calories: 105 | Total Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 161mg | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fiber: 1g | Sugars: 1g | Protein: 4g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4
- 1 (8-ounce) package Neufchâtel cheese or low-fat cream cheese (nonfat will also work)
- 1 cup reduced-fat white sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 1/4 of a lemon)
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 sliced scallions (just greens)
- 1/2 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds or pine nuts, coarsely chopped
- Mix all ingredients (except the nuts) with a food processor or by hand.
- Form into a ball. If it is too hard to form the ball, let the mixture sit in the fridge for an hour, covered, to harden.
- Spread the nuts evenly on a plate. Roll the ball in the nuts to cover. Set in the fridge, covered, for 1- 2 hours to harden.
- Serve on a platter with a cheese knife and whole wheat crackers.
Don’t miss out on the latest from SkinnyMs. Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter. Check out our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.