A party-pleaser, for sure.
Get the party started with this cheesy crowd-pleaser! This Homemade Cheeseball with Nuts and Crackers is tasty and healthy. Made with clean ingredients like scallions, pistachios, almonds, and blended with some zesty spices, this bite-sized snack has a bold kick. The recipe calls for reduced-fat versions of your favorite cheeses, which keeps the snack’s calorie count in check. Each ball packs a protein punch, and the fiery flavors from the spices will jumpstart your metabolism. This yummy cheese ball recipe is a snap to whip up and an awesome appetizer for any get-together!
Homemade Cheeseball with Nuts and Crackers
- 8 ounces Neufchâtel cheese package or low-fat cream cheese (nonfat will also work)
- 1 cup white sharp cheddar cheese reduced-fat, shredded
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed (about 1/4 of a lemon)
- 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 scallions sliced (just greens)
- 1/2 cup pistachios coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds or pine nuts, coarsely chopped
- Mix all ingredients (except the nuts) with a food processor or by hand.
- Form into a ball. If it is too hard to form the ball, let the mixture sit in the fridge for an hour, covered, to harden.
- Spread the nuts evenly on a plate. Roll the ball in the nuts to cover. Set in the fridge, covered, for 1- 2 hours to harden.
- Serve on a platter with a cheese knife and whole wheat crackers.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest from Skinny Ms. Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter. Check out our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.