This cereal is so much better than store bought!
This breakfast cereal is delicious, healthy, and can also be eaten as a snack for school or work. It’s a perfect for a crisp, sweet topping on yogurt and other creamy desserts. Try adding dried dates, raisins, apricots, Bing cherries, or unsweetened coconut. Just be sure to read the label on the dried fruit as a lot of dried fruit contains some form of sugar, and you will want to get the unsweetened variety.
Coconut oil and honey make this granola-like cereal extra tasty. The coconut oil does add some fat to the recipe, but the fat in coconuts is an easily burned medium-chained fatty acid. Coconut oil has many health properties, and even several topical and household uses.
Walnuts and almonds contain healthy unsaturated fats in the form of Omega-3’s, not to mention protein. The oats stabilize blood sugar and release a steady stream of energy. Have this yummy, nutrient rich, crisp breakfast cereal and notice how it keeps you fueled all morning long!
Honey Nut Breakfast Cereal
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup walnuts raw, pieces
- 1/4 cup almond raw, pieces
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey raw
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl add dry ingredients, stir to combine. Combine honey and Coconut Oil in a small bowl, add to the oat mixture and mix thoroughly until oats are moist.
- Spread cereal on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Place in oven and stir every 10 minutes or until the cereal has reached a golden brown color, approximately 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container. Add raisins or dried fruit before pouring in low-fat milk.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms