Have you noticed that many of the items in your wardrobe look and fit better when your derriere is firm, tight, and in shape? Plus, building the largest muscle in your body boosts metabolism and allows you to burn more fat overall. Working your gluteal muscles is as easy as carving out ten minutes in your day for a glute workout, and committing to these five effective moves.
Equipment Needed: 1 set of medium – heavy dumbbells (10-20 lbs), step/chair, plyo box, interval timer (Gymboss is a free app).
What to Do: Perform each exercise for 1 minute without resting in between. Once you finish a round, jump right back into the first exercise. Complete this workout 3 times per week for tighter glutes.
1. Alternating Dumbbell Step-Ups
2. Weighted Donkey Kick Left Leg
3. Side Lunge w/ Dumbbell
4. Goblet Squat
5. Weighted Donkey Kick Right Leg
Additional Tips for Success
1. For every exercise, squeeze your glutes at the top for a stronger burn and better results.
2. Glutes are large muscles, and require larger resistance to build and tighten them. Once you get comfortable with the exercises, try using a heavier weight for a stronger workout.
3. After 3-4 weeks, mix up the exercises in the routine to avoid hitting a plateau. This prevents your muscles from getting used to the sequence.
Get clean eating recipes, innovative new workouts, and healthy lifestyle tips delivered right to your inbox with our newsletter! And for even more SkinnyMs., check out our Facebook and Pinterest to stay informed!
We need your feedback! Go to the comments section to let us know what you think of this article, and tell us what you’d like to see more of!