A light and refreshing vegetarian meal for those summer days!
Here is a new twist to traditional lettuce wraps. Try a carb-free meal with a collard greens wrap! This all-vegetarian meal fun and fresh flavors for when you want a refreshing but light meal. This wrap is extremely easy to prepare. All it takes is some collard greens topped with protein-packed hummus and an assortment of nutrient-rich vegetables. In this recipe, you are fully in control of the final product, because, after all, you are eating it! You can add more seasoning or add more vegetables as you like. The only cooking necessary in this recipe is the slight roasting of the asparagus and pepper skins for an added crunch to the wrap. This is the perfect summer meal for a little burst of energy, but not enough to bog you down!
Hummus and Vegetable Collard Greens Wrap
- 12 asparagus spears bottom of spears cut off
- 1 red pepper medium, sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 collard greens leaves large, thick stems removed
- 1 cup hummus for a fun kick, try a flavored hummus!
- 1/2 cup cucumber peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded
- 1/2 cup zucchini sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup red cabbage sliced thin
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1 avocado peeled, pit removed, and cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, toss asparagus and red pepper in the olive oil and salt. Lay in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes or until asparagus and pepper skins being to blister and char. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Lay collard greens on a flat surface. Spread 1/4 cup of hummus on to half of each leaf. Top with 3 asparagus spears and divide the red pepper among each leaf. Top with remaining ingredients divided evenly between each leaf.
- Fold 1/4 inch of each leaf towards the center of the leaf and tightly roll into a burrito shape. Slice in half on an angle and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.