Relax and relieve stress with this aromatic lemonade.
The spring is all about flowers, and a flower worth celebrating is lavender. You may have thought of using lavender scented candles or maybe lavender as a centerpiece, but have you ever thought of drinking it? Well, after reading this recipe, you’ll be sipping on this lemonade all spring and summer long. Lavender may sound like an exotic ingredient, but there are many health benefits to lavender oil, the key ingredient to this recipe. Lavender oil is known as a natural remedy for headaches and an agent to combat anxiety. It is a complex oil that contributes to helping many different parts of the body. Although commonly known as a flower, this aromatic herb contains many soothing properties that make it a wonderful essential oil. So, give this 5-ingredient lavender lemonade a try! It’s refreshing, cooling, and detoxifying. It tastes so good and is just as good for you too!
- 1 cup honey
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup dried lavender flowers or 1 drop lavender essential oil
- 6 lemons peeled and juiced
- lavender sprigs for garnish
- lemon slices for garnish
- Pour 3 cups of the water into a small saucepot. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Add honey and dried lavender, let steep for approximately 20 minutes. Be careful not to over steep or the lavender taste becomes "soapy".
- Strain mixture and pour into a larger pitcher. Add lemon juice and the remaining water, stir well. Refrigerate for about 3 hours before serving.
- When serving, pour over ice and garnish with lavender springs and lemon slices.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.