When carb cravings come creeping, you don’t have to ignore them! By using your cravings as an opportunity to stuff your daily menu with wholesome, nutrient-rich veggies, you’ll boost your health. This garlic pasta recipe calls for simple pasta and tons of ultra-healthy veggies.
Uber-clean ingredients like tender broccoli florets, juicy onions, cherry tomatoes, and bold basil dress the pasta beautifully. Cooked with savory garlic and coated with a splash of lemon juice and spices, this dish is a flavor sensation. Our lemon garlic pasta with fresh veggies recipe packs in a healthy dose of feel-good fiber and protein, so it’s certain to keep you satisfied for hours.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 2 cups | Calories: 329 | Total Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 36mg | Carbohydrates: 51g | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 12g | SmartPoints (Freestyle) 10 |
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat or high protein(such as Barilla Plus), fusilli or penne (or other short pasta)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup diced red onions
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and sliced into strips
- 1 small to medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup halved cherry tomato
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli, onions, red pepper, and zucchini.
- Sprinkle with half the salt and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add broth and tomatoes and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Toss in cooked pasta.
- Remove from heat and toss in the torn basil leaves. Sprinkle in lemon juice, the rest of the salt, black pepper, and chili flakes. Stir to combine ingredients.
How do you like your pasta? Let us know! Leave a comment below.