Lentil-Zucchini Pancakes are one of our family’s favorite foods to pack for lunch.
Yields: 10 pancakes | Serving size: 1 pancake | Calories: 74 | Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fats: 0 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg |Sodium: 156 mg | Carbohydrates: 10 g | Dietary fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 3 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 1
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup cooked lentils, drained (cook according to directions on bag, or use canned)
- 1/2 cup flour (I used White Whole Wheat)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (click here for recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons canola
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Using a potato masher or fork, mash lentils before adding to zucchini mixture and remove as much liquid as possible.
- In a small bowl, grate zucchini using the large holes of the grater. Add onion and egg white, whisk to combine. Add additional ingredients, except oil, and stir to combine. Make the mixture into 10 pancakes.
- Note: If the mixture seems too thin, add additional flour, a little at a time, until it thickens up.
- Add oil to a large skillet, heat to medium, add pancakes and cook about 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned. Place cooked pancakes on a cookie sheet and keep warm in the oven until all pancakes are done.