Stuffed with complex carbs and protein to keep you full for hours!
Lentil-Zucchini Pancakes are one of our family’s favorite foods to pack for lunch.
Lentil-Zucchini Pancake Recipe
- 2 zucchini medium
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1 egg white slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup lentils cooked, drained (cook according to directions on bag, or use canned)
- 1/2 cup flour (I used White Whole Wheat)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (click here for recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Using a potato masher or fork, mash lentils before adding to the zucchini mixture and remove as much liquid as possible.
- In a small bowl, grate zucchini using the large holes of the grater. Add onion and egg white, whisk to combine. Add additional ingredients, except oil, and stir to combine. Make the mixture into 10 pancakes.
- Add oil to a large skillet, heat to medium, add pancakes and cook about 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned. Place cooked pancakes on a cookie sheet and keep warm in the oven until all pancakes are done.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms