Our tantalizing Lime Rice and Beans dish is the perfect pick-me-up between meals!
Beans and rice are a staple in kitchens the world over. They’re cheap, easy to make, and contain essential protein and nutrients. Our Lime Rice and Beans recipe adds a little intrigue to standard rice and beans. Lime provides a nice zing of flavor, while spices and hot sauce give your tastebuds a kick.
Best of all, this dish is done in just 10 minutes! These beans and rice would make a great snack between meals, a side accompaniment to a dish like chicken skewers, or even as a complete vegetarian meal!
Lime Rice and Beans
- 1 cup instant brown rice uncooked
- 15 ounces kidney beans can, rinsed and drained
- dash kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup lime juice more to taste
- tabasco or other style hot sauce, to taste
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Simmer beans on stovetop with salt, pepper, garlic, spices, and lime juice until warm.
- Pour over rice.
- Add more lime juice if desired, and a few dashes of hot sauce.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We love hearing from our readers! Let us know what you thought about this article or tell us about something else you’d like to see on our site. Leave a comment in the section below.