Nothing beats the fresh, tangy sweetness of these scrumptious skewers!
Nothing beats the fresh, tangy sweetness of these scrumptious skewers! Carolina-style BBQ sauces are famous for their bold, sharp flavors thanks to ingredients like pungent vinegar and yellow mustard. This simple recipe will add some bliss to your BBQ. The breezy dish delivers all your favorite Summery flavors, but you can also make it any season! Our Carolina-Style BBQ Chicken Skewers recipe calls for nutrient-packed ingredients like apple cider vinegar and honey. Hot sauce gives the chicken a fiery kick, blending beautifully with the sweeter ingredients.
These scrumptious skewers are a surefire hit at your next potluck or outdoor get-together. Packed with protein and light on fat, these chewy delights also make a satisfying weekday meal – and a super kid-friendly one, too!
Carolina-Style BBQ Chicken Skewers
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into 8 strips lengthwise
For the Sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce more to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients for sauce.
- Coat chicken pieces with sauce and marinate in the refrigerator, for 20 minutes. Thread chicken lengthwise onto skewers, one chicken piece per skewer.
- Lightly spray grates of a grill with cooking oil. Set grill or stovetop to medium-high. Once hot, place skewers on grill and cook for about 3 minutes per side, until chicken is firm and opaque in center. Baste with any additional marinade while cooking.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What did you think of these tasty bbq chicken skewers? If you liked these, you’ll want to try these Jerked Chicken and Plantain skewers as well.
When do you like to serve chicken skewers? We’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment in the section below and remember to follow us on Pinterest!