This elegant, energy-boosting meal is flowing with nutrients!
We’re not always in the mood for pastas with thick and heavy sauces. Our Linguine with Baby Arugula and Fresh Herbs recipe is perfect for when we’re in the mood for something a bit lighter, but just as delicious. This tasty recipe is made with only 100% clean ingredients, so we can feel good about digging in morning, noon, or night. We like the combination of Italian seasonings, fresh greens, and baby tomatoes, but you can increase your Superfood intake with other add-ins, like grated carrots, diced zucchini, or pine nuts. Refrigerate this dish for a colder option that is terrific for summer.
Linguine with Baby Arugula and Fresh Herbs
- 13 ounces whole wheat linguine cook according to package directions (optional, spaghetti noodles)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon capers drained and diced
- 1 tablespoon basil freshly chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme stem removed
- 1 tablespoon parsley freshly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 2 cups baby arugula fresh, loosely packed (chop if desired)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- In a large skillet, on medium-low heat, add olive oil and sauté garlic one minute. Add capers, herbs, red and black pepper, and salt, sauté one additional minute. Add cooked pasta and arugula, toss to combine. Cook just until arugula is wilted. Remove from heat and add tomatoes, gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and capers, sauté one additional minute. Add cooked linguine and all other ingredients, toss and cook just until arugula is wilted and linguine is heated through.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Have you checked out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection?