The quesadilla is the ultimate junk food. We love it so much that we had to make a healthy version. This unique recipe cuts the calories of traditional quesadillas and adds flavor that will surprise your taste buds. Our recipe includes various superfoods, including apple and arugula, both cancer-fighters. This quesadilla is delicious and easy; perfect for a quick bite!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 quesadilla | Calories: 246 | Total Fat: 12 g | Saturated Fat: 7 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 38 mg | Sodium: 143 mg | Carbohydrates: 26 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 10 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 6 ounces low fat feta cheese cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices, divided
- 1 large apple (any variety), cored and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3 cups arugula
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine mustard and cider in a small bowl; stir well.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Spread each tortilla with about 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard mixture.
- Place 1 tortilla, mustard side up, in pan.
- Arrange one-fourth of the cheese slices over half of tortilla; cook 1 minute or until cheese begins to melt.
- Arrange one-fourth of apple slices over cheese; top with 1-cup arugula. Sprinkle with 1/4-teaspoon pepper.
- Fold tortilla in half; press gently with a spatula.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan.
- Repeat procedure twice with remaining 3 tortillas, cheese, apple slices, 2 cups arugula, and 1/2-teaspoon pepper.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.