So lush and tangy, you'll forget this frozen treat is good for you!
This tangy and mouthwatering lemon frozen yogurt is such a great alternative to ice cream. Not only is made with only 100% clean ingredients, it offers a lighter texture, and it tastes fabulous, too! Up the yum factor even more by selecting fresh fruit and varying your frozen yogurt recipes and flavors with each season. When lemons are ripe, this refreshing frozen treat becomes the perfect summer frozen yogurt recipe.
For a fun treat, scoop out the inside of a lemon and fill with Lush Lemon Frozen Yogurt and top with our clean eating Whipped Topping, as shown in the photo above. Now, that’s a treat!
You might also like these No Sugar Added Skinny Dessert Recipes.
Lush Lemon Frozen Yogurt
- 3 cups Greek yogurt plain low-fat or full-fat (do not use nonfat)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest finely grated
- 3/4 cup honey raw
- 3/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed (about 5 lemons)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the honey, lemon juice, and zest, and bring to a simmer, stirring, for about 3 to 5 minutes, just until the honey is dissolved into the lemon juice to make a syrup. Place the syrup in an uncovered, shallow container and refrigerate until completely chilled, about half-hour, stirring occasionally to speed up the cooling process.
- Whisk the honey-lemon syrup into the yogurt until completely combined.
- *Method 1:*Prepare your ice cream/frozen yogurt maker according to manufacturers directions. Churn in the frozen yogurt/ice cream maker for 20- 25 minutes or until the yogurt has a soft-serve consistency.
- Yogurt can be eaten as is (simply scoop into a dish or put in a pastry bag and pipe out), or for a harder texture, place it in a sealable container. Apply wax paper or plastic wrap so that it is covering the surface of the frozen yogurt to store, then add the lid. This will prevent ice crystals from forming on the surface of the frozen yogurt. Soft-serve frozen yogurt will harden in about an hour in the freezer.
- Method 2: To make frozen yogurt without an ice cream/frozen yogurt maker, simply pour the mixture in a shallow container. Remove from the freezer every hour, 2- 3 times, and stir and scrape the yogurt with a fork. After 3 hours or so, your frozen yogurt should be ready to eat. Cover with plastic wrap or wax paper and the lid if storing in the freezer.
- Top with our clean eating Whipped Topping, if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Skinny Ms. recommends the Cuisinart Pure Indulgence™ 2Qt Frozen Yogurt/Ice Cream Maker for frozen yogurt, ice cream, sorbet, and sherbet recipes.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite recipe from Skinny Ms.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.