Mango is a favorite smoothie ingredient, but pairing it with superfood cinnamon and refreshing basil elevate this drink and adds nutritional value. Mangoes are rich in antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin A, and cinnamon is a powerhouse that regulates blood sugar and eases digestion. Basil adds an herbal twist to this refreshing, inventive smoothie.
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe | Calories: 260 | Total Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 18 mg | Sodium: 56 mg | Carbohydrates: 43 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 34 g | Protein: 12 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 12
- 2 tablespoons old fashioned oats
- 1 ripe mango, pitted and peeled
- 2 cups (or more) almond milk (or dairy milk)
- Honey (if almond milk is unsweetened)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 4 medium fresh basil leaves
- Grind the oats to an almost powdery consistency in the blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.