Amp up your morning oatmeal with protein-rich quinoa!
Oatmeal is a lovely breakfast on a cold morning, but it can get dull after a while. For a delicious change of pace, why not try this maple banana quinoa dish? Sweet bananas and real maple syrup combine to make an amazing hot breakfast that doesn’t take a lot of time to prepare. High in protein and fiber, you’ll love banana quinoa with maple before a busy day. If you’re looking for a unique and delicious quinoa recipe, this one will surely hit the spot!
Maple Banana Quinoa
- 2 cups milk low-fat
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 banana ripe, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Bring the milk to a boil in a saucepan. Add the quinoa and reduce the heat to a low simmer. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the lid and stir in the maple syrup, cinnamon, and half of the banana. Stir and continue to cook for 5 more minutes, until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve hot, and top with the remaining banana and chopped walnuts.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms