5-Ingredients is all it takes for this sweet & savory dish.
Is chicken a regular member of your weekly dinner rotation? We don’t blame you. When it comes to this budget-friendly staple, the options are seemingly endless. If you find yourself making the same recipes on repeat, we’ve got some delicious inspiration to help you shake things up. These sweet and savory Maple Mustard Chicken Thighs will give your typical chicken dinner a mouthwatering makeover.
Easy and Budget-Friendly
This Maple Mustard Chicken Thighs recipe is a cinch to whip up and will have dinner on the table fast. With just five simple ingredients, this foolproof recipe will probably even save you a grocery store trip!
We love chicken thighs here at Skinny Ms. The savory staple cooks quickly and yields moist and delicious meat. Not to mention that, besides tasting downright scrumptious, chicken thighs are incredibly budget-friendly and substantial!
Flavor Potential of Chicken Thighs
This dish spotlights the true delectable potential of chicken thighs. In this brilliant recipe, the tasty, sophisticated depth of flavor comes from the mouthwatering marinade that decorates chicken.
Despite its impressive taste, this sauce couldn’t be easier to throw together. Yellow mustard teams up with maple syrup to bring you a tangy-sweet, stress-free concoction that’ll have your taste buds singing. Who knew two ordinary ingredients could form such a delicious duo?
Prefer Chicken Breasts Instead?
You can easily sub in chicken breasts for thighs in this recipe. Simply reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and cook for 25 to 30 minutes. You should always check that your chicken is cooked thoroughly. Chicken is safe to consume when it has an internal temperature of 165 degree F.
You can also modify the recipe for the Instant Pot if you’re using breasts instead of thighs. Simply reduce cooking time to 18 to 20 minutes. That will ensure that chicken breasts are shredded easily with a fork but aren’t too “stringy.”
Maple Mustard Chicken Thighs Serving Suggestions
While you can certainly serve these luscious Maple Mustard Chicken Thighs alone, you could also create a complete meal with these serving suggestions:
- Serve over rice or Cauliflower Rice.
- Scoop on top of a Baked Potato.
- Make a sandwich with a whole wheat bun, sourdough bread, or a multi-grain sandwich thin.
- Spoon over fresh romaine and add grape tomatoes, cucumber, and red onion for a hearty salad.
- Shake up your taco Tuesday by making Maple Mustard Chicken Thighs tacos.
- Toss with roasted vegetables for a low-carb lunch or dinner. Check out these Rosemary Roasted Potatoes and Vegetables for inspiration!
This waistline-friendly recipe also happens to pack a protein punch: It contains a whopping 30 grams of protein per serving! That means it’ll keep you feeling full and satisfied for hours on end. And with just 268 calories, you can ensure this healthy recipe won’t tip the scale. We hope you enjoy!
Maple Mustard Chicken Thighs
- 2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl, combine yellow mustard, maple syrup and salt. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Pour chicken broth in an oven-proof baking dish. Place chicken thighs in baking dish. Pour maple mustard mixture over chicken, distributing evenly.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve whole or shredded as a sandwich
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more incredible chicken recipes that are a snap to make, check out 13 of Our Most Popular Chicken Recipes!
Want more recipes like this sent directly to your inbox? First, subscribe to our eNewsletter. Then, follow us on Instagram and Pinterest to not only get fantastic healthy recipes, but also to receive exercise tips, meal plans and much more!