Make use of this simple, yet uber-effective exercise tool!
The medicine ball is one of the simplest, yet most effective pieces of exercise equipment out there. Medicine ball workouts can help you sculpt and tone every area of your body with one simple, easy to use device – and to make matters easy, it’s a pretty cheap investment! These medicine ball exercises will show you the versatility of the medicine ball, while being a dynamic total body workout that’ll leave you feeling like you just got a real dose of fitness medicine!
Equipment Needed: medicine ball, interval timer
What to Do: Perform 3 sets of the routine trying to take only 30 seconds rest in between exercises. Repeat the workout 2-3 times a week on non-consecutive days using a 3-10 lb Medicine Ball depending on your fitness level. See the videos below for demonstrations of the exercises.
1. Pushup – 12 reps. Note: A variation of this can be done on your knees to make it easier.
2. Lunge with Twist – 12 reps total, 6 on each side.
3. Standing Russian Twist – 12 reps total, 6 on each side.
4. Squat Press – Repeat 12 times.
5. Plank with Leg Lift – Do 12 reps, 6 on each leg.
6. Woodchoppers – Repeat 6 times on each side.
7. Curls – 2 reps.
Lunge with Twist
Standing Russian Twist
Plank with Leg Lift
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms….
Does your fitness program need a jumpstart? Try our 6 Week Emergency Makeover Program.
Have you just started a new exercise program or challenge? We’d love to hear about it. Leave a comment below.