This simple, yet delicious Garden Salad, is perfect for preparing the night before for tomorrow’s lunch or enjoy with dinner.
Recipe adapted from the book Hungry for Change. Visit Hungry For Change TV for more information.
Yields: 2 salads | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups | Calories: 220 | Total Fat: 17.3 g | Saturated Fat: 2.3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 49 mg | Carbohydrates: 16.3 g | Dietary Fiber: 7.5 g | Sugars: 3.8 g | Protein: 4.9 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6 |
- 1 cup baby spinach or large spinach leaves torn into bite size pieces
- 1/2 avocado, chopped (refrigerate the other half for another salad) (optional)
- 1/3 red onion thinly sliced (refrigerate the remaining 2/3 for another salad)
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 8 almonds, sliced
- 1 cup beans sprouts
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup (chopped) roasted chicken breast, optional (do not add if you are making this salad as part of our 3- Day Detox and Cleanse, chicken breast CAN be included for the 2-Day Flush Fat Menu)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Add the salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss to combine. In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad. This recipe can easily be made into a family salad by increasing the ingredients.
- Note: It's easy to prepare this salad for tomorrow's lunch by simply preparing your veggies the night before and adding to separate zip-lock bags. When it's time for lunch, toss all the veggies in a bowl, add almonds and drizzle with dressing.