Tired of the same old leafy greens? Mix things up!
Tired of the same old leafy greens? Mix things up with this super-satisfying Mixed Bean and Vegetable Salad! Our colorful creation calls for a diverse mishmash of beans ranging from kidneys to cannellini and crunchy vegetables. The protein-packed mixture is coated with a tangy, zesty dressing bursting with health benefits. Chewy beans complement juicy veggies wonderfully.
The produce offers a heaping dose of fiber and protein to keep you full and focused throughout the day. Delicious when served cold, this bean salad makes a delicious side dish to any meal or a satisfying and storable lunch. Just whisk the dressing, toss it with your salad, and dig in!
Mixed Bean and Vegetable Salad
- 15 ounces dark red kidney beans can, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces light kidney beans or garbanzo beans, can, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces cannellini beans or navy beans, can, rinsed and drained
- 5 celery stalks sliced, tough stalks and leaves discarded
- 1 red onion diced small
- 1 red, orange, or yellow bell pepper stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika smoked or regular
- Whisk dressing.
- Toss beans, onions, peppers, and parsley with dressing in a large salad bowl until evenly coated and mixed.
- If a colder salad is preferred, chill one hour before serving. Salad will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Have something to say? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below.