Tired of the same old leafy greens? Mix things up with this super-satisfying Mixed Bean and Vegetable Salad! Our colorful creation calls for a diverse mishmash of beans ranging from kidneys to cannellinis and crunchy vegetables. The protein-packed mixture is coated with a tangy, zesty dressing bursting with health benefits. Chewy beans complement juicy veggies wonderfully.
The produce offers a heaping dose of fiber and protein to keep you full and focused throughout the day. Delicious when served cold, this bean salad makes a delicious side dish to any meal or a satisfying and storable lunch. Just whisk the dressing, toss it with your salad, and dig in!
Yield: 12 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 132 | Total Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 316mg | Carbohydrates: 21g | Fiber: 5g || Sugar: 3g | Protein: 7g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4 |
- 1 (15-ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can light kidney beans OR garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans OR navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 stalks celery, sliced, tough stalks and leaves discarded
- 1 red onion, diced small
- 1 red, orange, or yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (smoked or regular)
- Whisk dressing.
- Toss beans, onions, peppers, and parsley with dressing in a large salad bowl until evenly coated and mixed.
- If a colder salad is preferred, chill one hour before serving. Salad will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge.
Have something to say? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below.