Give your pet some extra love!
April 11th is National Pet Day. What better way to celebrate than by spoiling your four-legged friend with some indulgent treats? Here are five fun ways to pamper your pet on National Pet Day.
1. Spring for a special new toy. You know those fancy, expensive ones in the pet aisle you normally pass up? Maybe today’s the day to finally try one out! Or, dig up an old Frisbee or ball that your pooch has never played with. They don’t care about the cost, only about having something new to chew and chase around.
2. Go for a dip. If your dog loves the water, take him to a nearby beach or lake to get his paws wet. Or, if you’re landlocked, pick up a cheap kiddie pool from the drugstore and fill it up with the hose. The spring weather is perfect for a little swimming, too!
3. Indulge kitty in some catnip. Lots of felines go crazy for the herb, which is all-natural and completely safe for pets. Sprinkle some catnip on her favorite scratching post, or fill a stuffed toy with it and watch her have a ball.
4. Treat your dog to our yummy Green Bean Crunchies with just two ingredients.
And, as a pet parent, you’ll want to make this easy recipe for Superfood Doggie Fresh Breath Treats. These dog snacks are made with nutrient rich ingredients and antioxidants that make this treat both healthy and delicious. And, your dog’s breath will get a makeover with ingredients that targets bad breath and freshens it at the same time.
Grain-free Dog Biscuits look just like cookies—and your mutt will love getting his paws on his own special dessert. Made with just four ingredients, these can be whipped up in a snap. Get the recipe here.
5. Let your pet sleep like a king. If she usually sleeps in a kennel, make it extra comfy with some fresh blankets and soft pillows. Or, splurge on a new dog bed or cat condo.
If you’re anything like us, your pets already run the household, but it’s still fun to spoil them every now and then. What’s your favorite way to pamper your pet?