Our No-Crust Zucchini Quiche is super nutritious and perfect for any time of day! This crustless version shaves tons of calories from the average quiche recipe. The low calorie, protein-packed profile this quiche boasts makes it a filling snack, perfect when you’re watching your waistline.
Zucchini stars in this recipe, and that’s a fact to feel good about. The green squash has an impressive resume. It’s a wonderful source of vitamin C, folate, and dietary fiber. Sautéed with savory spices and baked to perfection, this puffy pie dish’s delicious aroma will make your mouth water. Impress friends with your colorful creation at this weekend’s brunch or whip it up when you’re craving a light, satisfying dinner.
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 124 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 282mg | Carbohydrates: 8g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 10g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, green parts only
- 1 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 5 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons low fat milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large skillet on medium-low heat, add oil and sauté onion until tender, about 4 minutes. Add diced bell pepper and zucchini. Continue sautéing 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for an additional 30 seconds.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, oregano, salt and pepper, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, and scallions.. Lightly spray a 9” pie dish and add most of the sautéed vegetables. Set the remaining vegetables aside.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables. Make sure to cover all veggies. Add remaining veggies to the top.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake 10 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 350 and continue baking 20-25 minutes. Remove foil the last few minutes of baking time and sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese. Quiche is done when it puffs and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
We’d love to hear from you! Leave us a comment about this recipe or anything else you’d like to see on SkinnyMs.