Enjoy chocolate for breakfast without any of the guilt!
Boring breakfasts beware! Skinny Ms. is here to banish dull breakfast food forever. We have a healthy (and moist!) chocolate muffin recipe to keep you coming back to the breakfast table again and again. And again. Toast got you down? Bagels make you blue? Skinny Ms. healthy chocolate muffins to the rescue! These sweet treats taste like an indulgence, but their high fiber and protein content, and clean eating ingredients, make them a healthy breakfast recipe that you’ll come back to again and again!
We’ve used super healthy honey, bananas, and Greek yogurt to keep things moist and delicious, as well as nutritious! Two cups of rolled oats gets your morning fiber going. And let’s face it, who doesn’t need their morning fiber going? And a cup of Greek yogurt packs a protein punch to get your butt in gear. And let’s face it, who doesn’t normally need a boost that will get their butt in gear, too?
You only need a blender, a bowl, a muffin pan, an oven, and less than a half hour, to change your mornings forever with this Skinny Ms. chocolate muffin recipe. Some added benefits? These healthy chocolate muffins are easy to grab on the go. And we also have an inkling that the kiddies might enjoy them, too. And hey, the kids don’t need to know just how healthy they really are. We won’t tell. Will you?
Oatmeal Chocolate Breakfast Muffins
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or bittersweet
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 bananas ripe, large
- 2 eggs large
- 1/4 cup honey raw is recommended
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil unrefined
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place oats in a blender on high, and grind until a flour-like consistency. Transfer to a bowl and mix with the cocoa powder, coconut palm sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the yogurt, bananas, eggs, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla to the blender or beat with a mixer, on high until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips. Line a muffin pan with muffin papers or grease pan with coconut oil or cooking spray. Ladle mixture into each cup, filling 3/4 of the way. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove once cool enough to handle and allow muffins to cool on cake rack. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Make sure that you subscribe to our newsletter, so that you don’t miss out on anything Skinny Ms.!
For more tasty recipes, healthy lifestyle tips, and whole body workouts, check out our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest.
We’d love to hear what you think of this post, or what you’d like to see on our site. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.