Have your bananas browned? Think twice before tossing them in the trash! This Olive Oil Honey Banana Bread gives you the perfect opportunity to make use of overripe fruit. Our recipe abandons butter and refined sweeteners. Instead, it uses 100% clean, feel-good ingredients like honey, olive oil, and whole-wheat flour.
Cinnamon adds incredible warmth and subtle sweetness to the decadent loaf while promoting stable blood sugar levels. Olive oil delivers incredible moistness to each slice and offers a host of health benefits. Throw in chopped walnuts and dark chocolate chips for crunchy, chocolatey deliciousness. Healthy yet indulgent, this yummy bread makes the perfect sweet tooth satisfier!
Yields: 12 servings | Calories: 202 | Total Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 137mg | Carbohydrates: 35g | Fiber: 2 | Sugar: 21g | Protein: 3g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 3 overripe brown bananas, peeled and mashed with potato masher
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/2 cup clean eating dark chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the wet ingredients until well combined.
- In a separate large bowl, sift the dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon, until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Fold in walnuts and/or chocolate chips, if using.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick or the tip of a knife come out clean.
- Allow to cool in loaf pan on rack before slicing.
Adore the banana bread? Have some healthy tips and tricks to share with the SkinnyMs. community? Leave a comment in the section below.