You don’t have to be a pro in the kitchen to squeeze this tasty chicken recipe into a busy schedule. This easy, reliable recipe yields gloriously tender baked chicken accompanied by a host of colorful veggies. Warm, chewy chicken nests on a bed of juicy tomatoes, rich squash, and bold zucchini slices. The veggie-meat creation is then dressed up with a few savory spices and garnishes and baked to mouthwatering perfection.
As a plus, the recipe delivers a great source of fiber and protein, which will keep you satisfied without overeating. You can whip up this entire chicken and veggies recipe with just one dish – and one dish means minimal cleanup and a stress-free dinner!
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 362 | Total Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 185mg | Sodium: 586mg | Carbohydrates: 18g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 37g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into quarters
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into quarters
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, optional 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Dip chicken breasts in eggs. Allow excess egg to drip off. Place an even layer of parmesan on a plate.
- Press breasts into parmesan on each side, until coated.
- Toss zucchini, squash, garlic, and cherry tomatoes, and thyme in olive oil and spread on the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Top with chicken breasts.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is done and reaches 165 degrees. Serve chicken on the side or over the top of vegetables.
We need your feedback! Leave a comment below about this article or anything else on the site.