We all love takeout because it’s fast and easy. However, most takeout dishes have hidden calories, sodium, and sugar. Fortunately, you can make your own healthy takeout meal that satisfies just as much. This one-pot chicken and veggie ramen stir-fry has everything you love about takeout noodle dishes, plus nutritional benefits. Make this dish in only a few minutes, but enjoy all the health benefits. This dish provides protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Keep dinnertime easy, but make it healthy, too!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups | Calories: 234 | Total Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 848mg | Carbohydrates: 17g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Protein: 24g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 2 packets of Ramen noodles, seasoning packets discarded
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup yellow onion, sliced into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into medium sized cubes
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crush red pepper flakes (more if you desire more spice)
- Fill a large soup pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the Ramen noodles. Cook until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat one tablespoon of the sesame oil on medium high heat. Once hot, add the snow peas, red pepper, broccoli, and onion. Cook, stirring often, until onions and peppers are beginning to soften and remove from the skillet. Leaving the skillet on medium high heat, add the remaining sesame oil. Once hot add the chicken, garlic, and ginger. Cook until no pink remains in the chicken. Drain off any excess liquid.
- Return the vegetables to the pan with the chicken along with the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Mix will and bring to a simmer. When simmering, add the cooked Ramen and toss to coat the noodles in the sauce. When hot, place on a serving dish and serve! Enjoy!
Sign up for our newsletter to get clean recipes sent straight to your inbox!