All the flavor of takeout without the unhealthy ingredients!
Check out this homemade version of a take-out classic! Our one pot chicken and veggie ramen stir fry combines all of your favorite flavors into one simple and healthy dish. You can prepare this meal in just 20 minutes, too, making it perfect for busy weeknights! So, ditch the take-out tonight and try making this easy recipe at home, instead!
Take-In Ramen Tonight
Instead of calling your local ramen joint, make some at home in just a few simple steps. This one-pot chicken and veggie ramen stir-fry has everything you love about takeout noodle dishes, plus nutritional benefits. Not only will it save you some money, but you can also enjoy some fantastic, healthy ingredients like fresh veggies and high protein chicken breast. There’s nothing better than affordable, delicious, and healthy!
Packed with Healthy Ingredients
High protein chicken breast offers muscle-building and belly-filling benefits to this dish, while fiber-rich veggies like snow peas, bell pepper, and broccoli give you a big serving of healthy vitamins and minerals. Vegetables like garlic and ginger are filled with antioxidants that support good digestion and immune function. All together, this is a great healthy substitute for your usual takeout.
Make This One-Pot Wonder
Make your own chicken and veggie ramen stir-fry tonight in just a few simple steps. First, fill a large soup pot with water and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, add the ramen noodles. Cook until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes and then drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat one tablespoon of the sesame oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Once hot, add the snow peas, red pepper, broccoli, and onion. Cook, stirring often, until the onions and peppers begin to soften and then remove them from the skillet. Leaving the skillet on medium-high heat, add the remaining sesame oil. Once hot add the chicken, garlic, and ginger. Cook until no pink remains in the chicken, then drain off any excess liquid.
Finally, return the vegetables to the pan with the chicken along with the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Mix well and bring to a simmer. Once it begins simmering, add the cooked ramen and toss to coat the noodles in the sauce. When hot, place on a serving dish and enjoy!
One-Pot Chicken and Veggie Ramen Stir-Fry
- 2 packets of ramen noodles seasoning packets discarded
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup red pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup yellow onion sliced into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger fresh, grated
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts chopped into medium-sized cubes
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce low-sodium
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes more if you desire more spice
- Fill a large soup pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the Ramen noodles. Cook until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat one tablespoon of the sesame oil on medium-high heat. Once hot, add the snow peas, red pepper, broccoli, and onion. Cook, stirring often, until onions and peppers are beginning to soften and remove from the skillet. Leaving the skillet on medium-high heat, add the remaining sesame oil. Once hot add the chicken, garlic, and ginger. Cook until no pink remains in the chicken. Drain off any excess liquid.
- Return the vegetables to the pan with the chicken along with the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Mix well and bring to a simmer. When simmering, add the cooked Ramen and toss to coat the noodles in the sauce.
- When hot, place on a serving dish and serve! Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Sign up for our eNewsletter to get clean recipes sent straight to your inbox! You can also check out our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.