Replicate your favorite takeout with just one pot and minimal fuss!
One-pot meals are excellent for motivating home chefs with hectic schedules to put away the takeout menu and whip up an easy, no fuss meal. This curried chicken gives you the flavors of your favorite South Asian takeout, but with less fat and calories, and a simple prep and clean-up that will have you concocting it again and again. Lean chicken combines with nutritional powerhouses turmeric, garlic, and bell peppers to comprise a dish that’s full of flavor and great for you.
One-Pot Curried Coconut Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 tablespoons curry powder use yellow curry powder for milder or red for spicier
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 white onion cut into strips
- 13 1/2 ounces lite coconut milk can
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, stemmed and cut into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar or honey
- In a large pan over medium-low heat, sauté the onion and bell pepper in olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, stirring every so often until onions are softened and translucent, for about 10 minutes.
- Add the spices and chicken pieces, and cook for about 3 minutes, until spices are fragrant and the chicken is a bit golden on the outside.
- Add the coconut milk and sweetener, stir, increase heat to high and bring almost to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over brown rice.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms