Whip up a tasty, yet nutritious, meal in a snap!
Chicken and pasta go together like peanut butter and jelly. Besides tasting downright delicious, the flavorful power couple delivers the perfect balance of grains and protein and nutrients necessary to feeling truly satisfied. This One-Skillet Chicken & Pasta with cherry tomatoes makes whipping up a tasty, nutritious meal a snap. All you need is a skillet to create this delectable pasta dish. Cleanup is an afterthought and minutes will be shaved from your meal-prep time.
Add the ingredients to a skillet and cook them to perfection. Top each plate with some grated Parmesan for a sharp kick and complete with chopped basil for a fresh finish. Then serve and enjoy!
One-Skillet Chicken & Pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast chopped into bite-size (1-inch) pieces
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, sliced in half (1/2 pint)
- 10 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti or high protein (optional linguine)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 cup basil leaves fresh, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Pour one tablespoon of olive oil into a pot or large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken pieces and mushrooms and cook until chicken is golden and mushrooms softened, about 8-10 minutes. Add garlic and tomatoes and cook for one additional minute. Remove chicken mixture and place in a bowl while cooking pasta.
- Bring to a boil in the same pot or skillet, 4 cups of water. Add salt and pasta. Cook until al dente, approximately 9 minutes or according to the pasta instructions. Drain off most of the water, leaving about 1/2 cup in the skillet. Add to the pasta, chicken mixture, basil, pepper, parmesan cheese, and remaining olive oil, toss to combine.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms