Crab is a meaty, flavorful fish. It’s also incredibly healthy. Most of the calories in crab meat come from protein, and crab is a great source of B vitamins. Get all those health benefits (and more) in this open face crab salad toast. It includes Greek yogurt instead of mayo, which adds extra protein without the extra unhealthy fats. Avocado adds omega-3 fatty acids, and whole-wheat toast adds fiber. You can enjoy this versatile toast any time of day, and it’s so good that you’ll want to! Eat it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and make extra so you can enjoy more tomorrow!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 crab-topped toast | Calories: 269 | Total Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 573mg | Carbohydrates: 22g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 20g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 ounces lump crab meat, cooked
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 avocado, peeled, pit removed, and sliced thin
- 1 cup arugula
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for whole wheat bread, avocado, and arugula. Mix well and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes to allow flavors to intensify. Divide sliced avocado between each bread slice and lay flat. Top avocado with arugula, divide crab mix evenly between each and place on top of arugula. Serve and enjoy!
- TIP: Substitute mini bagel chips instead of whole wheat bread for a refreshing appetizer!