Everyone knows eating healthy doesn’t have to mean cutting out sweets entirely. With a few substitutions, dessert can still make an appearance in any diet. Now, with these Paleo Fudge Brownies, chocolate is back on the menu, guilt-free! In addition to all-natural almond butter and flour, this recipe cuts fat and calories by using mashed bananas. A light baking lifesaver, banana adds moisture and sweetness to these dense and chewy brownies. Not to mention, this miracle fruit also packs an extra dose of fiber and potassium! Meanwhile, paleo-friendly chocolate chips keep these treats as gooey and sweet as traditional brownies. Whether you’re Paleo or just trying to eat cleaner, these Paleo Fudge Brownies satisfy your chocolate cravings guilt free.
Yields: 12 servings | Calories: 246 | Total Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 11mg | Carbohydrates: 24g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g | Protein: 7g | SmartPoints: 9
- 2 cups mashed overly ripe bananas (about 4 large bananas)
- 1 cup natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup almond flour or meal
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup paleo friendly chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine mashed bananas and almond butter with a mixer or whisk. Add all other ingredients and pour into a lightly oiled 8x8-inch casserole pan.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting. Store covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
For more light and tasty ways to indulge your sweet tooth, check out 10 Chocolate Treats Under 150 Calories!