Add some color to the table with this gorgeous salad
Panzanella is an Italian salad that makes the most out of of old bread. Made with tomatoes, onions, and other vegetables, this recipe is awesome if you’re looking for a salad with arugula, a spicy green that adds a punch of flavor. Day old bread is better here than fresh, so plan to make this Panzanella salad recipe tomorrow, instead of today. You can heat your bread cubes in the oven until they are crispy if you can’t wait, however. If you have fresh, home grown tomatoes, use them here. Either way, this recipe is sure to be a hit at parties, or as a side dish for a light dinner.
Panzanella Salad with Arugula
- 2 cups bread such as whole wheat or Italian, day-old, cubed
- 4 tomatoes large ripe, cubed
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- sea salt to taste
- pepper freshly ground, to taste
- Lay the bread cubes out on a sheet pan and leave at room temperature for about 24 hours, or until they’re crusty. Alternatively, you can put the sheet pan in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes until bread is crispy.
- Combine the bread, tomatoes, onion and arugula in a large bowl and toss gently.
- Whisk the oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, and garlic in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Combine the dressing with the salad and serve immediately.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily enewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.