Ready to combine the best of two desserts you thought were off limits? These Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars may sound and taste indulgent, but they’re secretly skinny! Like all good skinny desserts, the secret is in the substitutions. This recipe uses fat-free cream cheese and Greek yogurt while swapping out butter for coconut oil. Meanwhile, these tasty treats get their sweetness from coconut sugar and honey, which will satisfy your sweet tooth and spare you a blood sugar spike. With just a few substitutions, this recipe packs all the indulgence of your favorite desserts with none of the guilt. So what are you waiting for? Whip up a batch of these light and fluffy, ooey and gooey Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars today!
Yields: 9 servings | Serving Size: 1 bar | Calories: 279 | Total Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 291mg | Carbohydrates: 32g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Protein: 9g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 11
- 2 cups fat-free graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2/3 cups diced pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray and 8 x 8 inch baking pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and the coconut oil. Gently mix until the graham crackers look similar to wet sand. Pour into the prepared pan and press down to form a crust.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, yogurt, and sugar. Whip on high speed until fluffy. Add 1 tablespoon of the flour, 2 egg whites, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Mix on low speed just until combined and pour the batter on top of the prepared crust.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining flour, 1 egg white, remaining vanilla, honey, pecans, and cinnamon. Mix well and lay on top of the cheese cake, gently pressing down.
- Bake the bars for 25 - 30 minutes. The cheesecake might still be a little wiggly in the pan, and that's ok! Let cool to room temperature and then refrigerate, loosely covered, for at least 3 hours. Slice and enjoy!
Despite a bad reputation, cheesecake is actually an easy dessert to make skinny. Check out five more Guilt-Free Cheesecakes here!