Can't decide between cheesecake and pecan pie? This rich and luscious dessert is the best of both worlds.
Two decadent desserts become one in our recipe for pecan pie cheesecake bars! Rich flavors of pecan pie complement the savory cheesecake wonderfully. And while they look, smell, and taste indulgent, they’re secretly skinny! There’s nothing better than a healthy dessert that tastes amazing. So how did we do it?
Healthier Ingredients for a Cleaner Dessert
Like all good skinny desserts, the secret is in the substitutions. This recipe uses fat-free cream cheese and Greek yogurt while swapping out butter for coconut oil. Meanwhile, these tasty treats get their sweetness from coconut sugar and honey, which will satisfy your sweet tooth and spare you a blood sugar spike. With just a few substitutions, this recipe packs all the indulgence of your favorite desserts with none of the guilt.
Making these Yummy Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Spray an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with non-stick spray and set it aside.
Combine the graham cracker crumbs and the coconut oil in a small mixing bowl. Mix gently, until the graham crackers resemble wet sand. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press down firmly to form an even crust.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, yogurt, and sugar. Using an electric beater, whip the cheese mixture on high speed until fluffy. Add one tablespoon of the flour, two egg whites, lemon juice, and one teaspoon of the vanilla. Mix on low speed just until combined and then pour the batter on top of the prepared crust. Be careful not to over mix, as you don’t want the cheesecake to fall flat.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining flour, single egg white, and remaining vanilla, as well as the honey, pecans, and cinnamon. Mix well and lay it on top of the cheesecake, gently pressing down.
Bake the pecan pie cheesecake bars for 25 to 30 minutes. The cheesecake might still be a little loose in the pan, but that’s totally fine! Let it cool to room temperature and then refrigerate, loosely covered, for at least 3 hours. Then, slice and enjoy!
Making them Ahead of Time?
If you’d like to make these pecan pie cheesecake bars ahead of time, you can definitely do that! When sealed in an airtight container, they will last up to seven days in the fridge, but we recommend eating them within 3 days for the freshest taste!
If you want to freeze the bars, wrap them in a few layers of saran wrap and then place them in a freezer bag or airtight container. Note that you can freeze them this way for up to two months, however again, the sooner you eat them, the better they’ll taste! You can also choose to freeze them with or without the pecan layer. When it’s time to defrost your frozen cheesecake bars, we recommend placing them in the refrigerator overnight. Don’t try to reheat them as that can throw off the texture.
So what are you waiting for? Whip up a batch of these light and fluffy, ooey and gooey Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars today!
Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs fat-free
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese fat-free, softened
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2/3 cups pecans diced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and the coconut oil. Gently mix until the graham crackers look similar to wet sand. Pour into the prepared pan and press down to form a crust.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, yogurt, and sugar. Whip on high speed until fluffy. Add 1 tablespoon of the flour, 2 egg whites, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Mix on low speed just until combined and pour the batter on top of the prepared crust.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining flour, 1 egg white, remaining vanilla, honey, pecans, and cinnamon. Mix well and lay on top of the cheesecake, gently pressing down.
- Bake the bars for 25 - 30 minutes. The cheesecake might still be a little wiggly in the pan, and that's ok! Let cool to room temperature and then refrigerate, loosely covered, for at least 3 hours. Slice and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Despite a bad reputation, cheesecake is actually an easy dessert to make skinny. Check out our No-Bake Mini Apple Cheesecakes.