So, you’ve returned from your apple-picking excursion with a bundle of fruit, but aren’t quite confident in your baking skills? This no-bake recipe will have you turning out dessert in no time. These mini apple cheesecakes are delicious, and their presentation is so gorgeous that you’ll want to invite guests over just to have a chance to serve them. Plus, with all clean eating ingredients, these mini portions of sweet indulgence are guilt-free!
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 ramekin | Calories: 165 | Total Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 3 mg | Sodium: 24 mg | Carbohydrates: 26 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 20 g | Protein: 5 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, and diced (recommend Golden Delicious or Braeburn)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons (Blonde) Coconut Sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2/3 cup fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup fat-free (plain) Greek yogurt
- 4 dates, no sugar added
- 1/2 cup walnut halves (about 18)
- 8 Mini Dessert Dishes, 3 - 4 ounces each
- Add diced apples, 1 teaspoon coconut sugar, salt, and cinnamon to a medium pot, cover, and cook on medium heat just until apples begin to boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until tender, approximately 30 minutes. Be careful not to turn into applesauce. Allow to cool to room temperature before adding to dessert dishes.
- While apples are cooking, in a medium mixing bowl add softened cream cheese, yogurt, and remaining coconut sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add dates to a food processor and pulse until finely diced. Add walnuts and continue to pulse just until a coarse crumb consistency and combined with dates.
- Evenly layer to each dessert dish, walnut mixture, cream cheese, and lastly cooked apples. Sprinkle any remaining walnut mixture over the top.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.