Don’t let busy mornings keep you from enjoying a crispy, flavorful breakfast. This Pesto and Egg Breakfast Sandwich makes the perfect grab-and-go meal as you dash out the door. This hand-held recipe features two ingredients that form a crave-worthy combo: eggs and pesto. Yummy basil pesto blends beautifully with runny egg yolks, but the delicious duo doesn’t stand alone. Two toasted and sturdy English muffins make this sandwich hearty and filling. To finish, top the eggs with meaty flavor and crunchy texture by adding turkey bacon.
This recipe packs a hefty punch of protein, thanks to the eggs and the turkey. This means it’ll fill you up and keep you satisfied, energized, and focused for hours on end. At the same time, the scrumptious sandwich will help curb those pesky pre-lunchtime cravings that are difficult to ignore. Not to mention, you can make this recipe with your own homemade pesto sauce! Check out our Basil & Spinach Pesto and Basil Pesto with Roasted Pecans. With just 4 ingredients and super simple instructions, this melt-in-your-mouth breakfast recipe is a cinch to whip up and oh-so satisfying.
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1 sandwich | Calories: 381 | Total Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 207mg | Sodium: 611mg | Carbohydrates: 28g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Protein: 17g | SmartPoints(Freestyle): 13
- 2 whole wheat English muffins
- 2 teaspoons basil pesto sauce
- 2 large eggs, poached or over-easy
- 2 strips (nitrate-free) turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Slice each English muffin in half and toast to desired done-ness. Spread the sliced side of each with the basil pesto. Place one poached egg on each of the bottom English muffin slices, sprinkle with turkey bacon, and place the top slice on to the sandwich pesto side down. Serve and enjoy.
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site.