Cook up a taste of Italy with our flavorful Pesto Grilled Chicken recipe!
Resist the urge to use jarred or other store-bought pesto in this pesto chicken recipe; these products are often made with additives and less flavorful ingredients, and simply don’t have the same great taste as homemade pesto. For an easy grilled chicken dish that pleases a crowd, this one hits the spot, and you’ll be surprised at how easy the pesto comes together.
Pesto Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 2 cups basil leaves packed
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or raw cashews
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano grated or parmesan
- 1 lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the basil, garlic, nuts, cheese, and lemon juice in a food processor and blend until well combined. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and continue blending until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reserve 1/3 cup pesto and combine the rest with the chicken in a casserole dish or freezer bag. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to eat, preheat a gas or charcoal grill over medium heat. Grill the chicken until cooked through.
- Serve the chicken with your favorite side dish and the reserved pesto.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
And, of course, be sure to like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources. You’ll be whipping up delicious dinners like this one in no time!