Savor the power of pesto in this soup!
A slow cooker can produce some amazing meals, but it really shines when it comes to soup recipes, such as this pesto white bean soup recipe. Time in the slow cooker allows it to develop amazing Italian flavor that will quickly make it one of your favorite healthy soups. Homemade basil pesto makes the soup even better, but a good quality jarred variety will work as well. You can pair this dish as is with a salad, like our Garden Salad with Lemon and Oil Dressing, for a healthy and light meal, or add uncooked chicken breasts to your slow cooker and shred them before serving for something more filling. Either way, this is guaranteed to be one of the most delicious pesto soups you’ve ever eaten!
Pesto White Bean Soup
- 1 onion medium, diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes cans
- 30 ounces white beans cans, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 cup brown rice cooked
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto plus more for serving, Pesto recipe
- parmesan cheese grated, for serving
- Add all of the ingredients in the slow cooker except for the cooked rice, pesto, and Parmesan. Turn the cooker on low and cook for 8 hours or high for about 4 hours.
- When you’re ready to eat, stir the rice and pesto into the soup. Serve topped with an additional dollop of pesto if desired and a sprinkling of Parmesan.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Be the first to learn about the latest from Skinny Ms…
Like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources. Also, be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. soup recipe? Tell us about it in the comments section below.