Just because your on a vegetarian diet doesn't mean you can't enjoy a good philly cheese sandwich!
Whether a Vegetarian or Flexitarian, you’re going to love this sandwich…piled high with traditional Philly ingredients and Portabella mushrooms.
Click here for the Philly Cheese & Chicken Sandwich recipe.
Philly Cheese Sandwich, Vegetarian Style
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms sliced
- 1 vidalia onion or sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper cored & seeded, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper cored & seeded, sliced into strips
- black pepper & kosher or sea salt to taste
- 4 provolone cheese slices 2%
- 4 crusty wheat rolls 4 inch or cut in half 4 8" rolls
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- In a large skillet add oil, turn to medium-low heat and add mushrooms, saute about 5 minutes. Add onion slices, bell peppers, black pepper and salt, toss to coat ingredients. Continue cooking until all ingredients are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Place open rolls on a cookie sheet, divide ingredients evenly and top off each roll with a cheese slice.
- Heat until rolls are slightly toasted and cheese is melted.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms