Whether a Vegetarian or Flexitarian, you’re going to love this sandwich…piled high with traditional Philly ingredients and Portabella mushrooms.
Click here for the Philly Cheese & Chicken Sandwich recipe.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving size: 1 sandwich | Calories: 258 | Total Fat: 12 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 7 mg |Sodium: 310 mg | Carbohydrates: 31 g | Dietary fiber: 7 g | Sugars: 7 g | Protein: 11 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8 |
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced Portabella mushrooms
- 1 Vidalia onion or sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored & seeded, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cored & seeded, sliced into strips
- Black pepper & kosher or sea salt to taste
- 4 slices 2% Provolone cheese
- 4 (4 inch) crusty wheat rolls, or cut in half 4, 8" rolls
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- In a large skillet add oil, turn to medium low heat and add mushrooms, saute about 5 minutes. Add onion slices, bell peppers, black pepper and salt, toss to coat ingredients. Continue cooking until all ingredients are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Place open rolls on a cookie sheet, divide ingredients evenly and top off each roll with a cheese slice.
- Heat until rolls are slightly toasted and cheese is melted.