Forget fatty potato skins and French fries...enjoy potatoes the healthy way!
Potatoes are a staple food item in many countries, including the U.S. These edible tubers are actually very nutritious. A medium-sized potato contains potassium, fiber, vitamins C and B6, and small amounts of other nutrients. Here, we have a simple and healthy recipe of boiled potatoes dressed with dollops of a Greek yogurt and ricotta mix. It is flavored with lemon and poppy seeds, giving you a hint of citrus tang in every bite.
Potatoes with Lemon Poppy Ricotta
- 3 potatoes big, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt low-fat
- 1 cup ricotta low-fat
- 1 lemon zested
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Over high heat, in a medium to big pot, bring some salted water to a boil then cook the potatoes for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and let them cool.
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt, ricotta, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and poppy seeds. Adjust the salt if needed.
- Serve halved potatoes with the ricotta on top.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
You will love these other potato recipes at Skinny Ms.:
Have you heard of our our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection e-cookbook? It’s a treasure of 101 most popular fan recipes that we took note of and compiled in one book. Have a look!
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss out anything on Skinny Ms.