Potatoes are a staple food item in many countries, including the U.S. These edible tubers are actually very nutritious. A medium-sized potato contains potassium, fiber, vitamins C and B6, and small amounts of other nutrients. Here, we have a simple and healthy recipe of boiled potatoes dressed with dollops of a Greek yogurt and ricotta mix. It is flavored with lemon and poppy seeds, giving you a hint of citrus tang in every bite.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 potato and 1/6 of topping | Calories: 231 | Total Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 22 mg | Sodium: 177 mg | Carbohydrates: 36 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 10 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 3 big potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, low-fat
- 1 cup ricotta, low-fat
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Over high heat, in a medium to big pot, bring some salted water to a boil then cook the potatoes for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and let them cool.
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt, ricotta, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and poppy seeds. Adjust the salt if needed.
- Serve halved potatoes with the ricotta on top.
Have you heard of our our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection e-cookbook? It’s a treasure of 101 most popular fan recipes that we took note of and compiled in one book. Have a look!
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss out anything on SkinnyMs.