Taste the tang of citrus for dinner!
Punch up any dish with a hint of an aromatic citrus fruit. Clementines, like other citrus fruits, are rich in vitamin C, and, interestingly enough, they’re actually hybrids of mandarins and sweet oranges. Adding the zest and juice of a clementine gives baked potatoes new life, and added nutrition!
Baked Potatoes with Clementine Butter
- 2 ounces butter softened
- 2 teaspoons clementine juice fresh
- 1 teaspoon clementine zest
- 4 potatoes medium
- extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl, mix the butter, clementine juice, zest, and salt until smooth.
- Transfer it on a piece of aluminum foil and roll it tightly like a sausage. Twist both ends of the foil to seal. Refrigerate it until it hardens.
- Brush the unpeeled potatoes with extra virgin olive oil then wrap each potato with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Bake the wrapped potatoes in a pre-heated oven of 395 degrees F for 1 hour or until they are cooked through. Note that the cooking time varies with the size of the potatoes.
- When the potatoes are cooked, open the foil then slice halfway through in the middle then sprinkle with salt.
- Unwrap the butter then slice it. Distribute them on top of the hot potatoes or serve on the side.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
More great recipes with citrus fruits:
Do you like everything that you see in Skinny Ms.? Then don’t miss out on anything anymore by subscribing to our newsletter and always get the latest. You can also follow us in Facebook and Pinterest for more great recipes, clean eating tips and healthy living.
And we’d love to hear what you think! Scroll down to leave a quick word in the comment form.